Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Ultimate Healthy Snack Extraordinaire

Don't you find that you crave more sugar in the winter than you would during other seasons? I don't know about you but all I want to do is wolf down pounds and pounds of sweets and chocolates to keep me warm during the work week. And lately I've been fighting the urge to bite into that 4pm birthday cake at the office while all I want to do is stuff my face silly with carbs. Weird? I don't know. I think we all need the sugary fuel to get us through the day in the cold, dreary London winter days.


It's hand picked, all natural, little drops of fruity sunshiny goodness called Urban Fruit that have kept me going these past few weeks. It's a simple concept, really. This London-based simple food company hand picks fresh fruit from lush flowery trees when they're at their ripest, peel them, cut them into strips, bake them gently and voila! With no added sugars and additives and with 200 calories a pack that will last you through two snacks, I have found my 4pm sugar-binge alternative! Mango, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry & Apple, take your pick.



Find your healthy snack sugar-binge alternative at Whole Foods Kensington

6 comments:

  1. I hear you about carbmania in winter! Those snacks do look yummy - will give them a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound delicious, I must try some I need to stop on the chocolate and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot keep away from the kids stash of chocolates they got from school friends on Valentine's Day! I'm trying to eat more fruit and doing pretty well, but when there are chocs, chips and cookies around I am a pushover. Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh nice to see you back :-) Your first sentence is like you read my mind!! YES yes and YES! I am trying to cut back. If only I could get this stuff in the suburbs. Take care, Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I totally get those sugar cravings too! Great post and thanks for the comment. x

    ReplyDelete